Medical Administrative Assistant (MAA) Program
This 13-week full-time training is for youth ages
17 – 24 with their High School diploma/GED and is an administrative healthcare credentialing and internship program.
Participants earn their Medical Administrative Assistant Certification from the National Health Career Association and learn medical terminology, basic bookkeeping, communications, telephone techniques, and customer service.
In addition, participants will intern in medical offices and receive job placement assistance.
- Learn the basics of working in a medical office
- Train in bookkeeping, customer services, and medical terminology
- Prepare to take the National Health Careers Association’s Verified Medical Administrative Assistance Exam
- Program includes assistance securing a job after graduation
- Age: Most youth programs require that participants are between 17-24 years old at the start of the program. There are a few exceptions – please contact us for details.
- Employment-ready: Most OBT programs are offered to those who are eligible to work in the United States. With any questions, please reach out to an OBT site.
- Commitment: Our staff is dedicated to participants’ progress and we expect participants to share the same level of dedication. Many programs require attendance Monday through Friday, for between four and eight hours a day.
- Must have High School diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma
Hear from MAA Graduates!
168-25 Jamaica Ave
Queens, NY 11432
Phone: (718) 526-2984
Fax: (212) 202-6456