Location: Brooklyn, NY
Position Code: SDN9Q
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) is looking for an energetic, committed and passionate Internship Coordinator to work with youth between the ages of 17 and 24 who are in the internship phase of our Train and Earn program. The hours will be Monday and Tuesday and a choice of either Wednesday or Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Internship Coordinator will provide an array of follow-up and support/social services necessary to assist them in reaching their goals.
Who We Are and Where We Are Going:
OBT, a premier Workforce Development organization in NYC, is in the process of developing its next phase of growth, focused on expanding employment opportunities for our clients. Founded in 1983, we have established a proven track record as a strong community-based organization. We have assisted thousands of NYC opportunity youth and adults gain critical skills and obtain employment. As a leading Workforce Development training not-for-profit, OBT provides a program that balances high accountability and high support, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and providing access to quality career pathways. We are excited to continue to develop on our strong foundation and demonstrated success while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the modern workplace.
- Develop internship placement sites, as well as develop new employment contacts and sites.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of trainees designed to evaluate work history, education, job skills, personal qualifications, support service needs and vocational interests for placement into appropriate internship assignments.
- Assist with resume preparation and mock interview sessions in preparation for internship interviews.
- Assist with resume revisions after completion of internship.
- Maintain trainee and worksite ‘paper’ case files including payroll documents, timesheets, evaluations, worksite agreements, pre-assessment forms and contractor assessment reports.
- Enter worksite and participant information into YEPS in a timely manner.
- Collect timesheets and enter payroll information into YEPS on a weekly basis.
- Enter case notes for internship participants into Capricorn in a timely manner.
- Provide ongoing feedback on each trainee’s progress and report on such progress to other program staff and administration including participation in weekly staff meetings and the timely submission of bi-weekly case notes and weekly internship summaries.
- Participate in relevant professional development activities both in-house and off-site.
- Support Career Readiness Instructor with classroom instruction and student evaluations.
- Perform all other appropriate duties assigned by supervisor.
- Associate’s Degree with at least one year of relevant experience or high school diploma with at least two years of relevant experience;
- Passion for working with NYC opportunity youth;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) required;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information a must.
Why You Should Join Us:
- Salary – $25 hourly
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented work environment
- Company events and outings (ongoing professional development; coaching, staff retreats)
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.