Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Belief that workforce development and equity are inextricably linked and have a passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vision.
- Experience working with opportunity youth.
- Working knowledge of workforce development.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict de-escalation skills.
- Able to develop goals and reduce barriers to education, program persistence and employment through effective case management and counseling strategies.
- Able to manage competing priorities in a human-focused performance-based environment.
- Adept problem solver who brings energy and enthusiasm to the work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; database management–i.e., Salesforce and/or PTS preferred.
Education and Experience/Training:
- Associate degree and some experience working with low income/high barrier populations required (candidates working toward degree may be considered).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); knowledge of workforce development is helpful.
- Must display strong leadership skills, personal initiative and the ability to problem-solve; must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
Other Qualifications: These are the skills & attributes that all OBT employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our participants, and our partners.
Communicate with Clarity – Be clear, concise, and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback.
Work with Purpose – Exhibit a “We Can” mindset. Results outweigh effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results.
Drive to Decision – Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for mission outcomes.
Own the Outcome – Defined milestones, commitments and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you’re unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are a passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities.
- Salary $42,000 – $46,000 plus benefits that include generous paid time off with summer Fridays and a winter break, 403(b) retirement plan, and medical, dental, vision plans.