Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High student retention rate high quality classroom instruction and lesson planning that integrates performance-based assessments and technology.
- Accurate BEST Plus 2.0 testing.
- Effective classroom management and community building.
- Effective sharing of best practices; accurate and timely completion of attendance reporting, weekly reporting, and student secondary gains reporting.
- NRS educational gains targets met or exceeded.
- Experience using technology to enhance learning.
- Dedication to creating an inclusive classroom.
- Must have superb presentation & classroom presence and be a dynamic instructor.
Education and Experience/Training:
- BA/BS required, MA/TESOL, TESLA or CELTA preferred.
- BEST Plus 2.0 Certification.
- At least two years’ experience required, preferably with new American adults or in family literacy.
- Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom, and electronic ESOL resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Other Qualifications: These are the skills & attributes that all OBT employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our participants, and our partners.
Communicate with Clarity – Be clear, concise, and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback.
Work with Purpose – Exhibit a “We Can” mindset. Results outweigh effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results.
Drive to Decision – Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for mission outcomes.
Own the Outcome – Defined milestones, commitments and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you’re unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.