Youth & Administrative Coordinator
Location: Remote to onsite, Brooklyn, NY
Position Code: 98EE8
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. Through various sector-based pathways, we offer programming that extends from high school equivalency programming to industry-certified training. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants, and private contributions.
The Youth & Administrative Coordinator (“coordinator”) will provide administrative and case management assistance to the program team in in support of participant goals, program outcomes, and operations. The coordinator will engage in participant outreach, intake, case management, and general office administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing a welcoming, information rich environment for all incoming participants.
- Supporting the program associate with front desk and general office operations.
- Ensuring that all data entry is entered and consistent with contract requirements.
- Assisting with phone, web, and in person outreach.
- Supporting program staff in planning/coordinating events.
- Conducting intake assessments and ensuring all required eligibility documentation for enrollment is collected and safely filed.
- Case managing young adults on assigned caseload.
- Entering case notes to indicate individual and programmatic progress into funder database and OBT’s internal database (Salesforce).
- Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team including case managers, job developers, and college counselors.
- Participating in ongoing professional development to continuously improve practice.
- Ability to work in a remote setting as required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in social work or human services related field preferred.
- Experience working with young adults.
- Culturally competent practice.
- Knowledge of workforce and positive youth development.
- Working knowledge of computer technology, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and data entry skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; database management–i.e., Salesforce and/or PTS preferred.
Why You Should Join Us
- Salary: $42k + full competitive benefits
- We are a passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s young adult communities
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.