Work Readiness Instructor, Advance and Earn Program
Location: Remote to Onsite (Brooklyn, NY)
Position Code: IM3V6
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. Through various sector-based pathways, we offer programming that extends from high school equivalency programming to industry-certified training. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants, and private contributions.
OBT is looking for an innovative, outcome focused Work Readiness Instructor for our Advance and Earn Program. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Work Readiness Instructor will be responsible for credential achievement, developing work readiness goals as well as relevant social-emotional learning modules associated with programming that supports Opportunity Youth 16-24 in three program components including contextualized academic programming at the Pre-HSE level, comprehensive High School Equivalency, and work-based learning and sector focused advanced training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop credentialing and “soft skills,” and work readiness curricula and lessons at all levels of program.
- Provide career exploration, planning and the development of individualized goals.
- Assure achievement of all program milestones, benchmarks and credentials at required intervals; meet funder required number of credentials per cohort.
- Ensure cohesion of curriculum and classroom instruction with funder expectations and the goals of the Support Services, Academics, and Workforce Solutions teams.
- Support program initiatives through workshop and event planning.
- Develop, organize, and track participant work to meet internal and funder compliance requirements.
- Monitor the flow of young adults throughout program components.
- Develop systems for and track all data, utilizing internal and external databases.
- Cultivate and manage relationships within OBT’s interdisciplinary teams.
- Participate in regular observation, feedback, and coaching to improve participant performance.
- Participate in professional development to share best practices and improve educational programming.
- Attend all required internal and external meetings.
- All other appropriate duties assigned by supervisor.
The Work Readiness Instructor at OBT is expected to have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Belief that workforce development and equity are inextricably linked and have a commitment to OBT’s mission and vision.
- Possess a passion for working with Opportunity Youth.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of participants with varying needs and backgrounds and provide quality instructional skills focused on engaging non-traditional students.
- Ability to create innovative and immersive work readiness curricula.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders, such as: employers; participants; families; internship sites; community-based entities; and colleagues.
- Ability to meet credential and outcome requirements for milestones, benchmarks and outcomes.
- Ability to collect, track, and enter data in a timely manner into internal and funder databases.
- Ability to properly manage casefiles and student records.
- Ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Lead by example and model integrity.
Education and Experience
To be seriously considered for this role, please have the following:
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 3 years relevant experience in providing work readiness and/or industry recognized credential instruction, and direct youth development services.
Why You Should Join Us
- Salary $45k – $48k (commensurate with qualifications and experience) + benefits that include medical/dental/vision plan, and 403(b)
- We are a passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s young adult communities
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.