The Retention Specialist will lay a strong foundation for supporting job placement and preparation activities, securing, and sustaining internships, employment opportunities, or advanced training outcomes, as well as provide career planning support and professional development for program participants. The Retention Specialist will be able to leverage existing partnerships and new resources in NYC and the surrounding areas, as well as follow up on leads generated by leadership and other strategic partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the process for young adults to effectively transition to employment, advanced training, and/or post-secondary education.
- Provide case managing services to young adults on assigned caseload through their internship and transition to post-program goals.
- Conduct and develop group workshops to build social emotional, occupational, and work readiness skills.
- Facilitate development and instruction of employment readiness portfolio and competencies as defined by funder and OBT standards.
- Conduct application intake assessments and ensure all required eligibility documentation for enrollment is collected; refer ineligible and/or differently suited applicants to other programs and services.
- Enter case notes to indicate individual and programmatic progress into funder database and OBT’s internal database (Salesforce).
- Collaborate and work with an interdisciplinary team including case managers, job developers, and college counselors.
- Build and enhance community partnerships to address barriers to employment and education.
- Participate in ongoing professional development to continuously improve practice.