Retention & Evaluation Specialist
Location: Remote to onsite, Brooklyn, NY
Position Code: 98EE8
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. Through various sector-based pathways, we offer programming that extends from high school equivalency programming to industry-certified training. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants, and private contributions.
The Retention & Evaluation specialist will lay a strong foundation for supporting job and educational placement and preparation activities, as well as provide career planning support and professional development for program participants. The retention & evaluation specialist will work with closely with the program director and Salesforce manager to integrate performance measurement, evaluation, and quality improvement strategies into the program operations in service of achieving program goals and contractual performance targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team including case managers, job developers, and college counselors to support participants in establishing and progressing toward employment and educational goals.
- Case managing young adults on assigned caseload through post-program follow-up period.
- In partnership with the transitional specialist and job developer, facilitating the process for young adults to effectively transition to employment, advanced training, and/or post-secondary education.
- Conducting application intake assessments and ensuring all required eligibility documentation for enrollment is collected, referring ineligible and/or incompatible applicants to other programs and services.
- Entering case notes to indicate individual and programmatic progress into funder database and OBT’s internal database (Salesforce).
- Participating in ongoing professional development to continuously improve practice.
- Collecting and tracking employment and/or college placement and retention data and all subsequent supporting documentation.
- Inputting all required participant data into OBT’s Salesforce database and any other funder databases.
- Facilitating monthly alumni engagement events.
- Completing Salesforce trainings in a timely manner to develop a strong knowledge of OBT’s data collection and reporting requirements.
- Assisting the Salesforce manager in the development, maintenance, and improvement of program reporting tools in Salesforce, including creating reports, dashboards, and updates to the data entry process.
- In collaboration with the Salesforce manager, collecting, analyzing, and reporting data that drive organizational improvement.
- Under the guidance of the Salesforce manager, providing high-quality research and analysis that supports strategic planning and evaluation.
- Creating engaging data visualizations and presentations.
- Assisting and training the wider program staff in the use of Salesforce and other required databases, in individual meetings or larger presentations.
- Leading enhancement initiatives, coordinating feedback and implementation in collaboration with the program director and the Salesforce manager.
The Transition Specialist Train & Earn Program at OBT is expected to have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Belief that workforce development and equity are inextricably linked and have a passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vision.
- Experience working with opportunity youth.
- Working knowledge of workforce development.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict de-escalation skills.
- Able to develop goals and reduce barriers to education, program persistence and employment through effective case management and counseling strategies.
- Able to manage competing priorities in a human-focused performance-based environment.
- Adept problem solver who brings energy and enthusiasm to the work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; database management–i.e., Salesforce and/or PTS preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work or human services related field preferred.
- Experience working with young adults.
- Experience in developing curricula and facilitating group workshops; culturally competent practice.
- Knowledge of workforce and positive youth development.
- Working knowledge of computer technology, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and data entry skills; proficient in Salesforce.
Why You Should Join Us
- Salary: $50k – $55k + full competitive benefits
- We are a passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s young adult communities
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.