Location: Jamaica, NY
Position Code: O5VDO
Location: Jamaica, NY
As Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) celebrates its 36th Anniversary, we are looking for an energetic, committed and passionate Program Associate to work with youth between the ages of 17 and 24 in our afternoon/evening HSE and Job Training Program, helping them obtain their HSE (High School Equivalency) and/or other recognized credential, training them in the business skills necessary to obtain employment or advance to college and by providing an array of support/social services necessary to assist them in reaching their goals
Who We Are and Where We Are Going:
OBT, a premier Workforce Development organization in NYC, is in the process of developing its next phase of growth, focused on expanding employment opportunities for our clients. Founded in 1983, we have established a proven track record as a strong community-based organization. We have assisted thousands of NYC opportunity youth and adults gain critical skills and obtain employment. As a leading Workforce Development training not-for-profit, OBT provides a program that balances high accountability and high support, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and providing access to quality career pathways. We are excited to continue to develop on our strong foundation and demonstrated success while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the modern workplace.
- Act as first point of contact to the public and telephone callers and refer them to appropriate staff
- Assist with student outreach, recruitment, intake, eligibility, registration and referral
- Assist with pre- and post-TABE testing
- Assist with reviewing all intake forms for completeness and copy required documents
- Enter data into agency and funder databases as required
- Assist with completion of reports and compiling statistical information as requested
- Prepare and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Update and maintain mailing lists
- Create letters, labels and reports as requested
- Assist with tracking time and attendance for trainees and prepare bi-weekly stipend sheets
- Assist staff with administrative/clerical duties as requested
- Perform all other appropriate duties assigned by supervisor
- Associate’s Degree with at least one year of clerical experience or high school diploma with at least two years of clerical experience
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) required;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information a must.
- Must be able to work late hours-(4-7 or 5-8 pm) from Mondays to Thursdays.
Why You Should Join Us:
- Competitive salary and full benefits
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented work environment
- Company events and outings (ongoing professional development; coaching, staff retreats)
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.