Location: Brooklyn, NY
Position Code: VLYKG
Location: Brooklyn, NY
As Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) celebrates its 36th Anniversary, we are looking for an energetic, committed and passionate Office Assistant to work with youth between the ages of 17 and 24 in our TechSTART Program. The Office Assistant at the Innovation Lab in Industry City provides support to all programs operating at the site.
Who We Are and Where We Are Going:
OBT, a premier Workforce Development organization in NYC, is in the process of developing its next phase of growth, focused on expanding employment opportunities for our clients. Founded in 1983, we have established a proven track record as a strong community-based organization. We have assisted thousands of NYC opportunity youth and adults gain critical skills and obtain employment. As a leading Workforce Development training not-for-profit, OBT provides a program that balances high accountability and high support, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and providing access to quality career pathways. We are excited to continue to develop on our strong foundation and demonstrated success while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the modern workplace.
- Answering phones, routing calls and taking messages;
- Meeting and greeting the public and referring them to appropriate staff;
- Pre-screening clients for services;
- Assisting with pre-enrollment testing;
- Entering data into agency and funder databases;
- Preparing participant stipend sheets and photo IDs;
- Managing all Innovation Lab office operations including coordinating conference room schedule:
- Maintaining systems for tracking walks ins, phone and web inquiries;
- Managing office maintenance by requesting repairs, cleaning services, etc.;
- Incoming/outgoing mail, photocopying and faxes; ordering supplies, maintaining inventory
- Performing various other general office duties.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and two years relevant experience;
- Must possess excellent computer and communication skills;
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Must be Bi-lingual English/Spanish.
Why You Should Join Us:
- Competitive salary and full benefits
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented work environment
- Company events and outings (ongoing professional development; coaching, staff retreats)
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.