This role is located at OBT’s Sunset Park office. The job developer is responsible for bridging the gap between varying OBT program participants and gainful employment. In this role you will endeavor to increase the range of employment opportunities available to OBT program participants considering their interests, experiences, and ambitions as the foundation for job placements, and more broadly, for the identification and cultivation of potential employers. You will maintain a job bank with a diverse employer pool, provide participants with pre-employment skills, assist with preparing resumes, conduct mock interviews, teach World of Work classes, and ultimately place participants in quality, on-the-job training positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsel participants on viable employment and other vocational options and provide current labor market information.
- Facilitate direct and indirect job placement assistance by leveraging other OBT job developers for support.
- Collect data from employers related to job orders including job requirements and skills.
- Match job skills with participants’ qualifications.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing contact with a variety of business and industry representatives and job placement/training agencies to promote programs for participant placement.
- Make cold calls to potential employers and explain the benefits and employment support services provided by OBT programs to employers.
- Source job leads via the internet, agencies, and other resources.
- Refer qualified participants to employers and conduct necessary follow-up after placement.
- Maintain case files (both electronic and paper) for each participant assessed.
- Maintain case files of sample assignments/projects/tests for each participant.
Support OBT’s Train and Earn, and Adult Employment Services programs:
- Serve as subject matter expert when attending monthly industry networking events, webinars, meetups, and job fairs.
- Build and maintain a diverse portfolio of employers who have entry- to mid-level growth job opportunities.
- Facilitate work readiness classes that include resume writing, mock interviews, and soft skills training.
- Assist with customizing participant resumes after each cohort to make more marketable for specific employers.
- Conduct individual work ready assessments and career advisement.
- Meet with participants on a bi-weekly basis to present job opportunities and possible matches.
- Provide job interview prep for participants before sending out to an interview.
- Execute outcome referral process to ensure participants receive a high level of support from pre-to-post hire.
- Maintain case notes of all interactions with participants via relationship management software, Salesforce.
- Attend all program case conference meetings to ensure participants are fully supported and employment plan is executed.