Location: Brooklyn, NY
Position Code: LUHEH
OBT seeks an energetic, detail-oriented professional to join us at our Brooklyn, NY location. The Human Resources Assistant will work agency-wide with the Chief Administrative Officer in areas of managing staff time, attendance and leave accruals through ADP; assisting with benefits administration and all aspects of new employee recruiting and onboarding. Other responsibilities will include staying abreast of NYS/NYC employment law and assisting on special projects.
Who We Are and Where We Are Going:
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow is in the process of developing our next phase organizationally. We have a proven track record as a strong community based organization since 1983. We have assisted thousands of NYC opportunity youth and adults gain critical skills and obtain employment. As a leading workforce training not-for-profit, OBT provides a training program that balances high accountability and high support, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and providing access to quality career pathways. We are excited to continue to develop on our strong foundation and demonstrated success while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the modern workplace.
- Assist the Chief Administrative Officer in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees
- Manage time, attendance and leave accruals for all employees
- Assist in administration of employee benefits to include enrollment, changes, terminations and COBRA
- Manage reporting and documentation for all FMLA and Paid Family Leave activities
- Maintain an applicant tracking system
- Coordinate with Executive staff and Program Directors to assure all vacancies are being posted and hiring process is being completed in a timely manner
- Prepare new hire documents and assist in the onboarding process
- Set up/maintain new employee computer/e-mail accounts
- Assist with conducting reference checks and submitting online requests for background checks
- Enter new hire information into HR spreadsheets
- Assist with updating employee guidelines, as needed
- Assist with disseminating information to employees and collecting receipts for such, if required
- Assist with various research and/or special projects
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Perform all other appropriate duties assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or three years’ experience in the human resources field or a similar combination of education and experience required; must be willing to travel across sites; must be flexible, detail oriented and able to multi-task; must have personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to OBT’s mission; must possess a well-rounded interpersonal skill set and be able to work effectively in team environment; Excellent computer skills and oral and written communication skills required.
Why You Should Join Us:
- Salary range 45-50K
- Full benefits
- Challenging, fulfilling and fast-paced work environment
- Company events and outings (ongoing professional development; coaching, staff retreats)
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer