Location: Jamaica, NY
Position Code: IM3V6
Location: Jamaica, NY
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) is looking for an energetic, committed and passionate Follow-Up Specialist to work with youth between the ages of 17 and 24 who are in the outcome phase of our Intern and Earn program. The Follow-Up Specialist will provide an array of follow-up and support/social services necessary to assist them in reaching their goals.
Who We Are and Where We Are Going:
OBT, a premier Workforce Development organization in NYC, is in the process of developing its next phase of growth, focused on expanding employment opportunities for our clients. Founded in 1983, we have established a proven track record as a strong community-based organization. We have assisted thousands of NYC opportunity youth and adults gain critical skills and obtain employment. As a leading Workforce Development training not-for-profit, OBT provides a program that balances high accountability and high support, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and providing access to quality career pathways. We are excited to continue to develop on our strong foundation and demonstrated success while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the modern workplace.
- Conduct weekly outreach to Intern & Earn program alumni using a variety of communication methods (phone, text, email, social media, in-person guidance, etc.)
- Complete documentation regarding all outreach efforts, communication, and services provided
- Enter case notes and data into agency and funder databases as required
- Collect and submit documentation demonstrating outcome engagement per funder mandates
- Review all documents for completeness and accuracy prior to submission
- Assist with completion of reports and compiling statistical information as requested
- Distribute incentives and monitor delivery
- Create letters and reports as requested
- Assist staff with program and administrative/clerical duties as requested
- Perform all other appropriate duties assigned by supervisor
- Associate’s Degree with at least one year of clerical experience or high school diploma with at least two years of clerical experience
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) required;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information a must.
Why You Should Join Us:
- Competitive salary and full benefits
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented work environment
- Company events and outings (ongoing professional development; coaching, staff retreats)
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.