Executive Assistant to the CEO
Location: Onsite, Brooklyn, NY
Position Code: LUHEH
This role provides and leads support to both internal and external stakeholders with a high level of professionalism and in a manner that reflects positively on the organization. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management team; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an innovative and creative environment. This individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in diverse situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion especially decisions directly impacting the global operations of the organization.
- Organize complex calendars and schedules; resolving any scheduling issues; sustain a daily calendar of meetings and events.
- Prepare or assist in preparing and managing Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, decks, special projects and other documents in support of organizational objectives.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for the CEO and prepare expense reports as appropriate.
- Screen incoming telephone calls; take and deliver accurate messages; respond to requests by gathering and providing information and referring non-routine calls to the appropriate staff or external stakeholders.
- Draft and prepare correspondence for internal announcements, board meetings, and organizations that the CEO is involved with.
- Manage the CEO’s contacts.
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, with contact outside normal business hours.
- Welcome the CEO’s guests by greeting them, in person or on the phone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Level matters.
- Represent the company and the CEO in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment.
- Conserve the CEO’s time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of related experience required in working in an Executive Assistant role supporting C-Level executives.
- Excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Flexible hours as dictated by the needs of business for projects and meetings.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Business sense: strong business sense and ability to decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed.
- Commitment to excellence: perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
- Excellent communicator: able to interact with people at all levels in a confident, professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability and temperament to work with sensitive information.
- Team player: have team-oriented experience and approach.
- Service focus: dedicated to meeting the expectations of the CEO and other senior executives by maintaining effective relationships with interested parties.
- Ability to think outside of the box with a sense of urgency.
Why You Should Join Us
- Salary: $55k + full benefits
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.