Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively.
- Self-starter who works well on own or within a team.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must travel across local OBT sites and attend external events.
Education and Experience/Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years related work experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, required.
- Proven work experience as a marketing communications specialist.
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media.
- Experience in designing and/or executing communications strategies.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite/Photoshop, In Design, or other image editing and publication software; experience with WordPress and/or HTML, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with web content management tools (e.g., Social media platforms, Graphic Design Platforms, Canva)
- Experience using content management systems and AdWords.
- Experience with planning and/or managing events.
These are the skills & attributes that all OBT employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our participants, and our partners.
Communicate with Clarity – Be clear, concise, and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback.
Work with Purpose – Exhibit a “We Can” mindset. Results outweigh effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results.
Drive to Decision – Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for mission outcomes.
Own the Outcome – Defined milestones, commitments and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you’re unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are a passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities.
- Salary $68,000 – $73,000 plus benefits that include generous paid time off with summer Fridays and a winter break, 403(b) retirement plan, and medical, dental, vision plans.