Director of Youth Programs, Bushwick
Location: Remote to onsite, Brooklyn, NY
Position Code: 98EE8
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. Through various sector-based pathways, we offer programming that extends from high school equivalency programming to industry-certified training. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants, and private contributions.
The Director of Youth Programs, Bushwick is an experienced program leader who under the supervision of the Senior Director of Programs, Bushwick/Jamaica will be responsible for guiding an interdisciplinary team in ensuring young adults (ages 17-24) receive a robust education that precedes a rewarding, sustain ed career. This role provides a unique opportunity to lead and impact the lives of NYC young people in a mission-driven organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach, develop and support an interdisciplinary team that includes instructors, counselors and administrative support staff.
- Create and innovate program design to ensure that contract milestones and outcomes are met
- Facilitate regular, structured staff meetings, case conferences, and staff check-ins
- Attend all required compliance meetings/trainings (i.e., Equal Opportunity and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act)
- Ensure program and regulatory compliance
- Serve as the liaison between OBT and youth and adult career services programs (i.e., ACCES-VR and DYCD)
- Seek education and proactively instruct team about regulatory equal opportunity and nondiscrimination requirements, ensuring compliance with all WIOA equal opportunity regulations.
The Director of Youth Programs, Bushwick is expected to have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Belief that workforce development and equity are inextricably linked, and have a passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vision
- Possess a passion for working with Opportunity
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication
- Value and cultivate a learning environment, embody a growth
- Understand how to best prepare and support young adults as they enter the
- Ability to bring strategies to best identify business needs and match those to program
- Be driven to create a strong culture of high accountability and
- Ability to manage, delegate, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced
- Have experience engaging in and building relationships with varied stakeholders including. young adults, employers, internal teams, and community
- Have cultivate relationships with internal and external
- Have experience with/knowledge of integrated programs providing work-based learning and an academic
- Ability to navigate Salesforce or related CRM
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work or human services related field, preferred.
- 2 years supervisory experience, preferred.
- Previous work with young adults.
- Culturally competent practice.
- Knowledge of workforce and positive youth development.
- Proficiency in computer technology, including Microsoft Office, and data entry.
Why You Should Join Us
- Salary: $70,000-$75,000 + full competitive benefits
- We are a passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s young adult communities
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.