Position Code: 3VUD2
As Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow celebrates its 35th Anniversary, we are looking for a Director of Outreach and Community Partnerships who will bring innovation and creativity our approach to building partnerships and impacting the population of opportunity youth in New York City.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Programs and Organizational Learning, the Director of Outreach and Community Partnerships should be an enthusiastic and motivated professional who has demonstrated experience developing key relationships and partnerships with multiple stakeholders, from community based organizations to educational institutions, , is a systems thinker, and is excited to develop our organizational impact on the population of NYC opportunity youth and within Workforce Development. We are also looking for an individual with experience facilitating in a formal or informal education setting and demonstrates strong project management skills.
Who We Are and Where We Are Going:
OBT, a premier Workforce Development organization in NYC, is in the process of developing its next phase of growth, focused on expanding employment opportunities for our clients. Founded in 1983, we have established a proven track record as a strong community-based organization. We have assisted thousands of NYC opportunity youth and adults gain critical skills and obtain employment. As a leading Workforce Development training not-for-profit, OBT provides a training program that balances high accountability and high support, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and providing access to quality career pathways. We are excited to continue to develop on our strong foundation and demonstrated success while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the modern workplace.
- Supervise Community Outreach Specialists and provide strategic support in their efforts to recruit participants, maximize local partnerships, and message OBT’s mission. Additionally, this will include supporting the relationship between this role and site-based program directors.
- In collaboration with the Chief Fiscal Officer, manage all aspects of the Outreach budget
- In partnership with the Director of Community & Government Affairs, attend and represent OBT at community partnership meetings to enhance understanding of the communities we serve, leverage networking opportunities, and promote OBT
- Collaborate with the Director of Community & Government Affairs to support community initiatives and events
- Manage relationships with people/organizations who want to partner with OBT for Programming, presentations, event requests and recruitment from partners. Provide support and intervention in partnership challenges
- Manage the development of new partnerships: identify opportunities for collaborations and referrals; engage with potential partners to begin a relationship; and develop a protocol for the continuation of the partnership, including managing the hand-off to assigned staff, if applicable. This includes vetting and managing linkage agreements and sharing data with high-level partners
- Manage partners with a city-wide presence and delegate oversight of site/community-specific organizations to program directors/program staff
- Manage relationships with local schools and delegate to program director where necessary
- Plan and facilitate workshops for providers to develop relationships and implement recruitment strategies
- In collaboration with Vice President of Programs of Organizational Learning determine metrics for evaluating quality of partnerships and design strategies to improve quality and/or determine sustainability of partnership
- Manage Salesforce strategy and work with outreach and program staff to respond. This includes management of calls, email blasts, entering/updating data from interested candidates, etc.
- Design & support the execution of Open Houses across sites
- Ensure the attendance of OBT representatives at recruitment events in the community and with partners
- Plan and lead workshops for interested participants to learn about work readiness and opportunities at OBT
- In collaboration with Director of Communications and Marketing, supervise the creation and use of marketing materials to ensure consistency in messaging and branding
Building Staff Capacity to Outreach
- In collaboration with Director of Communication & Marketing and the Vice President of Organizational Learning, train staff to message OBT programming and create a consistent OBT approach participant engagement
- Coordinate a monthly “Welcome to OBT” to provide an overview of programming
- Support OBT initiatives to enhance capacity building and professional development internally
- Supporting the writing of grant applications, particularly related to leveraging partners with complementary services, using data to identify specific community needs, and performance data related to outreach efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred with minimally three years of professional experience
- Experience developing relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
- Experience facilitating in a formal or informal education setting a plus
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
Why You Should Join Us:
- Salary range 55K-60K with full benefits
- Opportunity to network across NYC higher education institutions
- Challenging, entrepreneurial work environment
- Company events and outings (ongoing professional development, coaching, staff retreat
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer