Location: Brooklyn, NY
Position Code: 87R12
Director of Development
Location: Brooklyn, NY
As Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow celebrates its 36th Anniversary, we are looking for a Director of Development who will bring passion, energy and innovation into our approach to securing the funds needed to effectively operate our programs. The Director of Development is generally responsible for the coordination of fundraising activities related to government contracts, private and corporate foundation grants and individual donors.
Who We Are and Where We Are Going:
OBT, a premier Workforce Development organization in NYC, is in the process of developing its next phase of growth, focused on expanding employment opportunities for our clients. Founded in 1983, we have established a proven track record as a strong community-based organization. We have assisted thousands of NYC opportunity youth and adults gain critical skills and obtain employment. As a leading Workforce Development training not-for-profit, OBT provides a program that balances high accountability and high support, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and providing access to quality career pathways. We are excited to continue to develop on our strong foundation and demonstrated success while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the modern workplace.
- Collaborate with the CEO in developing and executing the organization’s development strategy
- Coordinate all existing grant reporting and funding renewals
- Provide direct supervision and support to the Development and Evaluation Manager
- Manage OBT’s individual donor database; coordinate annual donor appeal and other individual donor activities
- Work with Development and Evaluation Manager to generate new funding sources and solicit Request for Proposal (RFP) responses
- Research new funding options and lead the vetting/viability process with program staff
- Lead the team in engaging with program staff and participants to maintain a high-level of awareness and understanding of program needs
- Collaborate with the communications department on donor/funding recognition, communications and correspondence
- Lead the collaboration efforts with administrative and program staff, as well as the Data team to understand programming and obtain statistics/data required for funder reporting
- Maintain an updated donor/funder management schedule; provide guidance to the CEO and other senior leadership on appropriate donor/funder communications
- Provide assistance to OBT Board of Directors as needed on matters related to fundraising and cultivation of their individual donor networks; facilitate the Board Development Committee
- Provide guidance and suggestions on ways to continually improve OBT development processes
- Work as needed on special projects related to development and fundraising
- Assist with planning and execution of OBT’s annual fundraising event
- Perform other appropriate duties as required
Bachelor’s degree and at least five year’s relevant professional experience required with at least three years in fundraising; computer literacy; must be organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize various issues simultaneously.
Why You Should Join Us:
- Salary range 70K-80K with full benefits
- Challenging, entrepreneurial work environment
- Company events and outings (ongoing professional development, coaching, staff retreat
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, first copy position code from desired position and enter when prompted.