- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vision, and an understanding of the inextricable relationships between workforce development, post-secondary planning, and equity.
- A track record in program leadership in youth development, preferably in college, employment, or career-oriented programs.
- Demonstrated experience developing programmatic systems to enhance program outcomes.
- The ability to establish strong working relationships with colleagues, participants, and external stakeholders.
- The ability to work creatively, resourcefully, and collaboratively while exhibiting flexibility in achieving results.
- Experience working on multiple projects and balancing competing priorities.
- Strong skill set in data management and data tracking; demonstrated experience managing data collection, analysis, and reporting.
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or substantial professional development in related field preferred
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in education, youth development, or community-based organizations.
These are the skills & attributes that all OBT employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our participants, and our partners.
Communicate with Clarity – Be clear, concise, and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback.
Work with Purpose – Exhibit a “We Can” mindset. Results outweigh effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results.
Drive to Decision – Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for mission outcomes.
Own the Outcome – Defined milestones, commitments and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you’re unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.