Location: Onsite, Brooklyn, NY (Remote to Onsite)
Position Code: 843SW
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. Through various sector-based pathways, we offer programming that extends from high school equivalency programming to industry-certified training. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants, and private contributions.
The Customized Training Transition Specialist will lay a strong foundation for supporting job placement and preparation activities for customized training through securing and cultivating employment relationships, developing employment opportunities, and assisting with customized training processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure young adults effectively transition to employment after receiving customized
- Facilitate customized training workshops to assist the participant with building social emotional, occupational, and work readiness skills.
- Conduct pre-screening, application intake assessments and ensure that all required eligibility documentation for enrollment is collected and filed appropriately.
- Enter case notes to indicate individual and programmatic progress into funder database and OBT’s internal database (Salesforce).
- Collaborate and work with an interdisciplinary team including Outreach and Recruitment, Corporate Recruiters and College Access Counselors.
- Participate in ongoing professional development to continuously improve professional confidence and increased efficiency.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Customized Training Transitional Specialist at OBT is expected to have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Belief that workforce development and equity are inextricably linked, and have a passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vision
- Experience working with opportunity youth.
- Working knowledge of workforce development.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict de-escalation skills.
- Able to develop goals to identify and reduce barriers to education and employment outcome achievements.
- Able to manage competing priorities in a human-focused, performance-based environment.
- Adept problem solver who brings energy and enthusiasm to the work.