Location: Onsite, Brooklyn, NY
Part-Time/Non-exempt – 20 hours/week
Position Code: 843SW
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants and private contributions.
The Customized Training Program Associate will provide administrative support and assistance to participants and staff members within the customized training department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the customized training process for young adults to effectively transition to employment through customized training completion and employment preparation.
- Assist with the facilitation of customized training workshops that help participants build social emotional, occupational, and work readiness skills.
- Ensure that all data entry and initial tracking remain current and consistent with contract requirements.
- Conduct pre-screening, application intake assessments and ensure that all required eligibility documentation for enrollment is collected and filed appropriately.
- Enter case notes in funder database and OBT’s internal database (Salesforce) to indicate individual and programmatic progress.
- Participate in ongoing professional development to continuously improve professional confidence and increased efficiency.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Customized Training Program Associate at OBT is expected to have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Belief that workforce development and equity are inextricably linked and have a passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vision.
- Possess a passion to work with opportunity youth.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict de-escalation skills.
- Able to manage competing priorities in a human-focused performance-based environment.
- Adept problem solver who brings energy and enthusiasm to the work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; database management–i.e., Salesforce and/or PTS preferred.