Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to successfully counsel/case manage young adults.
- Possess a demonstrated set of resources for referral and crisis management skills.
- Develop programmatic systems for supportive services.
- Manage and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced setting.
- Lead by example and model integrity.
- Value and cultivate a learning environment.
- Embody a growth mindset.
Education and Experience/Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least two years of counseling/case management experience.
- Experience in workforce programs a plus.
- Experience working with opportunity youth.
Other Qualifications: These are the skills & attributes that all OBT employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our participants, and our partners.
Communicate with Clarity – Be clear, concise, and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback.
Work with Purpose – Exhibit a “We Can” mindset. Results outweigh effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results.
Drive to Decision – Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for mission outcomes.
Own the Outcome – Defined milestones, commitments and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you’re unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.