Location: Brooklyn, NY (Remote to Onsite)
Position Code: 91STF
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. Through various sector-based pathways, we offer programming that extends from high school equivalency programming to industry-certified training. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants, and private contributions.
Under the supervision of the Support Services Supervisor, the case manager will be responsible for providing supportive counseling and case management, as needed, in OBT’s Advance and Earn Program.
Advance and Earn supports opportunity youth ages16-24 in three program areas that include contextualized academic programming at the Pre-HSE level, comprehensive High School Equivalency and work-based learning and sector focused advanced training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strength-based case management services to a minimum of 19 young adults at all phases of the Advance and Earn program model.
- Maintain case tracking, case conferencing and group supervision models to ensure that participants and staff are holistically supported.
- Participate in clinical supervision.
- Provide case management and crisis management as required.
- Attend relevant professional development programs and provide referrals for external training for staff.
- Develop and facilitate essential skills workshops.
- Monitor the flow of young adults throughout program components.
- Enter and track data in all relevant systems.
- Input case notes and participant assessments.
- Participate in all team meetings, required trainings, and case conferences.
- Work cohesively with an interdisciplinary team to provide multi-tiered interventions.
- Monitor and track student attendance.
- Develop and facilitate retention events for students.
- Engage participant stakeholders, such as families and community partners to ensure best outcomes for participants.
- Monitor and facilitate intakes and ongoing student assessments throughout program components.
- Tend to tasks as needed by managers across teams, especially the program director.
The Case Manager is expected to have the following professional and personal skills, qualities, and characteristics:
- A passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vision, and an understanding of the inextricable relationships between workforce development, post-secondary planning, and equity.
- The ability to successfully counsel/case manage young adults.
- Possess a demonstrated set of resources for referral and crisis management skills.
- Ability to develop programmatic systems for supportive services.
- Skilled in managing and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to lead by example and to model integrity.
- Value and drive to cultivate a learning environment while embodying a growth mindset.
- Work cohesively with team members in different disciplines.
- Understand youth-oriented programming in an outcome driven model.