Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Belief that workforce development and equity are inextricably linked and have a passionate commitment to OBT’s mission and vison.
- Be proactive in identifying resources for referral and crisis management assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external partners.
- Be driven to create a strong culture of high accountability and high support.
- Lead by example and model integrity.
- Value and cultivate a learning environment.
- Embody a growth mindset.
Education and Experience/Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of case management experience required.
- working with opportunity youth.
- in workforce programs a plus.
- conducting client intakes and interviews.
- in developing and monitoring case notes and client assessments.
Schedule: 11am – 7pm
Other Qualifications: These are the skills & attributes that all OBT employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our participants, and our partners.
Communicate with Clarity – Be clear, concise, and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback.
Work with Purpose – Exhibit a “We Can” mindset. Results outweigh effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results.
Drive to Decision – Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for mission outcomes.
Own the Outcome – Defined milestones, commitments and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you’re unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.
Why You Should Join Us:
- We are a passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities.
- Salary $42,000 – $45,000 plus benefits that include generous paid time off with summer Fridays and a winter break, 403(b) retirement plan, and medical, dental, vision plans.