In partnership with the Department of Youth and Community Development, OBT launched the Advance and Earn Program in 2020. The program, a unit of OBT’s Young Professional Institute, helps opportunity youth, those young people between the ages of 17 and 24 who are neither enrolled in school nor participating in the job market, further their career prospects through comprehensive High School Equivalency (HSE) test preparation, employer-recognized trainings, credentials and certifications, and paid internships. There are 3 main components of the program: contextualized academic programming, comprehensive HSE and work-based learning, and sector-focused advanced training.
Under the direction of the Director, Programs, the Administrative Assistant will provide critical clerical and planning support to staff and the areas of the Advance and Earn Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a welcoming, information rich environment to all incoming participants.
- Administer all program assessments to determine eligibility.
- Proctor the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education), score and enter the results.
- Gather documents and maintain all participant records and files.
- Ensure that all data entry, initial tracking and timesheet entry is current and consistent with the Program’s contract requirements.
- Assist with phone, web and in person outreach to support young adults interested in the program.
- Assist with all information sessions and orientation logistics.
- Monitor the flow of young adults as they move through the areas of the Advance & Earn Program.
- Maintain systems to track all data.
- Cultivate and manage relationships within OBT’s interdisciplinary teams.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to all aspects of Advance and Earn.
- Participate in professional development to share best practices and improve programming.
- Other assignments as needed.